Holidays Are Coming…
Flight Centre launches the UK’s first all-encompassing Traffic Light Change Policy.
69% of customers would be willing to travel to a green list destination, 14 % are willing to travel to an amber destination and 2% to red.
Flight Centre experts reveal holiday price hikes are on the horizon.
As the government prepares to announce which bracket of the traffic light system each country will fall under, and with consumers nervous to book while classifications remain in flux, Flight Centre, one of the UK’s top travel agencies, has launched the UK’s first all-encompassing Traffic Light Change Policy.
This brand-new policy allows all travellers to book their longed-for trip abroad with the flexibility to travel, change or cancel with a full refund if the traffic light changes. Best of all, every Flight Centre customer departing England can do all of this for free! If the government announces a change from green to amber, or green or amber to red, customers will get the chance to amend their options right up to the day of travel.
In its fifth customer survey since the pandemic started, Flight Centre’s data shows that 69% of customers would be willing to travel to a green list destination, which would be a huge boost to the UK travel industry. However, only 14% are willing to travel to an amber destination and 2% to a red list country, meaning flexibility to change plans if traffic lights change is key to consumer confidence.
With almost 70% of customers telling Flight Centre they are more likely to book due to the UK’s successful vaccine rollout, and an 15% increase since December in customers reporting they are looking to book in next six months this data suggests that there is growing pent up demand for holidays.
Yvonne Hobden, Head of Retail and Product Marketing for Flight Centre says “There is a sense of urgency brewing among travellers in the UK. Flight Centre experts can reveal that holiday pricing is starting to boom as restrictions lift, so we recommend booking now for the best prices for those wanting to go on holiday abroad this year.
“Our brand-new Traffic Light Change Policy means customers have full peace of mind that they can book now at the best possible price, but change or cancel their trip at no extra cost if the government decides to put the destination in the amber or red categories at short notice.”
Flight Centre’s new Traffic Light Change Policy reflects the shift in holiday trends for 2021. And what does Flight Centre predict will be the most popular holiday post 17th May? The company’s latest data shows the average holiday for a UK family is now a beach break (34%), in Europe, lasting two weeks or more (77%), booked by a travel agent over the phone (67%) and secured with clear flexibility options relevant for the current global fluctuations we now expect.
According to Flight Centre’s latest customer survey, the most popular methods of booking a holiday are now:
- 67% on the phone to a travel agent
- 59% face to face with a travel agent
- 55% via email
- 36% face to face video call with a travel agent
- Only 25% will be using purely online methods to book their next getaway
Despite the notion that following a series of negative tests travellers may be able to reduce their quarantine time, Flight Centre data showed Customers are not encouraged to book by a reduced quarantine period with 64% saying it did not make them more likely to book.
Flight Centre’s Traffic Light Change Policy’s step-by-step process below demonstrates why it’s possible to book with confidence with right now:
- Book a holiday with Flight Centre’s low deposit of just £49 per booking.
- Discuss flexible payment options with a Consultant at the time of booking and confirm when the balance needs to be paid.
- Under Flight Centre’s Traffic Light Change Policy, if a destination changes from green to amber or red, or amber to red, a Consultant will call the customer to discuss their options around 4-6 weeks before the trip.
- At this point, customers can decide to travel, change their dates or destination, or get a full refund.
- Their Consultant will also be on hand to answer any queries they might have around COVID testing, vaccine passports or quarantine restrictions.
- All that’s left to do is to enjoy an amazing, tailor-made (and long overdue) holiday!
For more information, visit https://www.flightcentre.co.uk/Traffic-Light-Change-Policy
Notes to Editors:
- Terms & conditions: £49 deposit does not apply to packages flying with low-cost carrier airlines. Package can be amended or refunded if there is a significant change to advice from that point up to the day of travel – a significant change would be a change to traffic light from green to amber or red, or amber to red, or a change to FCDO advice that prevents all but essential travel. Date changes may incur additional charges where it leads to increased travel service provider costs. Only applicable to packages departing in England.
For further press information, please contact:
Hannah Carlisle / Emma Arthurs
Rooster. We are pr.®
T: +44 (0)20 3440 8924
E: F[email protected]
About Flight Centre:
Flight Centre UK is part of one of the largest independent travel companies in the world, which means thousands of people on the ground, in destination, sourcing the best product, service and deals exclusively for customers.
With more five-star Trustpilot reviews than any other travel agency, Flight Centre has an overall ‘Excellent’ rating based on an average score of 4.8/5.
Friendly Flight Centre Travel Consultants are knowledgeable and experienced – real-life humans (not chat-bots!) who not only love to travel but also love getting to know their customers and relish the planning that goes into the perfect trip. Flight Centre consultants listen to your unique travel needs, no matter how complex, and use ‘holiday know-how’ to create itineraries designed based on each customer’s travel style, needs and budget.
Quite simply, Flight Centre tailor-makes it easy.