East vs West Australia – Hidden Gems
Australia’s coastline comprises thousands of kilometres of sun and sand. However, there are so many hidden gems across the country that choosing between the East and West Coast is no easy task. Here, Flight Centre’s Australian Destination Experts shed light on their favourite hidden gems on each side of the country:
While Eastern Australia has more infrastructure, endless beaches, spectacular scenery and iconic natural wonders still await visitors.
- Port Macquarie – New South Wales
A secluded little beach town on the East Coast of Australia in New South Wales, Port Macquarie really encompasses a peaceful beach lifestyle which is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities. The 9 beaches are a major attraction in Port Macquarie, which is situated 250 miles north of Sydney, though there is much to do in around the estuary of the Hastings River where this seaside town resides.
- The Grampians – Victoria
The Grampians are a three hour drive to the west of Melbourne and is an amazing national park area, famed for it’s sandstone mountain ranges. Halls Gap is one of the largest towns in the area and sees visitors come from all over the world to this unique natural park. Make sure to check out a tour of the local aboriginal culture and areas of historical interest which are prevalent in the region.
East Australia Holidays from Flight Centre:
- Boutique Victoria: Treat yourself to rural Victoria’s intimate boutique hotels and inviting historic homesteads on this magical Journey. Drive through the state’s picturesque fields and farms, starting in the friendly city of Melbourne and travelling via bubbling mineral springs and quaint cottages. Soar above the rolling vineyards of the Yarra Valley in a hot-air balloon and top it all off with Phillip Island’s enchanting penguin parade.
- Sydney, Rock and Reef: This ideal two-week itinerary has been specially designed by travel experts and is perfect for holidaymakers who want to tick off the country’s travel icons in one easy trip. Starting in Sydney and visiting the desert of Red Centre and on to the Great Barrier Reef, this is ideal for first-time visitors.
Western Australia for its beautiful scenery, world-class beaches, and variety of interesting wildlife. It is full of countless small towns and shires bursting with history and things to see and do.
With its host of wildlife and magical scenery, the Shire of Mundaring in the Perth Hills has a range of enjoyable activities for all ages! Lake Leschenaultia is a former dam turned recreational lake, where locals from Perth spend a day with the family. BBQ facilities, a cycling trail, bushwalking, canoeing and birdwatching are all popular activities at Lake Leschenaultia.
- Coral Bay
Coral Bay is the lesser-known and frankly, better, version of the Great Barrier Reef. Although it is becoming more popular with the locals of Perth and tourists, it’s still unspoilt and breathtakingly beautiful; it really is a very special place.
West Australia Holidays from Flight Centre:
- Campervanning near Perth: Discover the delights of Western Australia by campervan. Starting in lively Perth, soak up the city sights before choosing to stay close and explore the islands and beaches in and around the city or head further afield to the vineyards, beaches, forests and parks of Australia’s south west.
- South West Highlights: Head Down Under and explore Australia’s beautiful south-western corner. Tick off the highlights as you travel to the vibrant cities of Perth and Fremantle, quaff quality wines in Margaret River, and soak up the sun on the glorious beaches – it’s a Journey to be savoured.
Globally, Flight Centre sells over 1.3 million tickets to Australia each year. The Flight Centre team are experts when it comes to travel and are committed to providing customers with a great experience. They can organise anything from flights to holidays, hotels, car hire, tours, travel insurance, visas and more.
The Flight Centre Travel Group (fctgl.com) is one of the world’s largest travel companies. Since establishing the first Flight Centre store in 1995, the business has grown its team of Travel Experts to include over 80 stores within the United Kingdom, with new stores opening regularly. Worldwide, Flight Centre has an amazing 2,500 stores globally, making Flight Centre one of the largest and most successful independent travel retailers in the world.
To book, visit one of Flight Centre’s 84 stores across the UK or visit www.flightcentre.co.uk.
For further press information, please contact:
Emma Arthurs/Natalie Garland/Melissa Hobson/James Brooke
E: [email protected]
About the Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG)
The Flight Centre Travel Group (fctgl.com) is one of the world’s largest travel companies with over 18,000 staff and 2500 stores across its leisure, corporate and wholesale businesses. The company’s turnover in 2014/2015 financial year was £9 billion. After starting with one shop 30 years ago, FCTG has enjoyed remarkable growth and is one of the top 100 publicly listed companies on the Australian Securities Exchange.
All specialist brands under the FCTG Corporate banner offer 24/7 support and the benefits of a blended offline/online solution; global negotiation strength and unique and superior business travel products.
About Flight Centre
The team at Flight Centre are experts when it comes to travel and are committed to providing customers with a great experience. The company’s success comes down to its people, experienced Travel Experts who are passionate about finding their customers the holiday they want, for the price they want.
Since establishing the first Flight Centre store in 1995, the business has grown its team of Travel Experts to include over 80 stores within the United Kingdom, with new stores opening regularly. Worldwide, Flight Centre has an amazing 2,500 stores across the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, United States, Canada and more, making Flight Centre one of the largest and most successful independent travel retailers in the world. With its global reach and close relationships with the world’s best travel providers, the company is able to provide competitive travel deals.
The Flight Centre team can organise anything from flights to tailor-made holidays, hotels, car hire, tours, travel insurance, visas and more. They also have dedicated First and Business Class flight teams and Business Travel teams to help with any specialised travel needs.