Ambassador Cruise Line Launches Search to Find Britain’s Greatest Grandma or Grandad Ahead of National Grandparents’ Day
Whether it’s your nearest and dearest or a very special friend, nominations are now open for the title of Ambassador’s Grandparent of the Year!
- Premium value cruise line encourages public to nominate the nation’s greatest grandparent to mark National Grandparents’ Day on 1 October
- Operator aims to raise awareness of this little-known national day and put it on a par with Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
Ahead of National Grandparents Day on Sunday 1 October 2023, Ambassador Cruise Line is calling on the nation to afford this little-known national day the same honourable status as Mother’s Day and Father’s Day – and has today launched a nationwide search for the UK’s ‘Grandparent of the Year’.
The cruise company, which specialises in no-fly adult-only sailings aimed at the 50+ market combined with multigenerational cruises, has kicked off the month-long campaign to celebrate the loving, generous and often under-appreciated people we call Grandma and Grandad as it looks to inspire the nation to recognise them for all that they do for the family unit.
Between now and 26 September 2023, members of the public are encouraged to nominate their grandparent (or someone they know who is a grandparent) for the prestigious title. Welcoming written, audio and video submissions via a dedicated web page – www.ambassadorcruiseline.com/national-grandparents-day – friends and family from across the country should tell Ambassador why their family member or friend deserves to be named as Ambassador’s first-ever Grandparent of the Year.
All entries will be judged by an expert panel, with Ambassador’s Grandparent of the Year announced in the week following National Grandparents’ Day. As well as receiving the recognition they so thoroughly merit, Ambassador will reward the titleholders with a full board, adult-only cruise holiday for two, which they can enjoy with a partner or friend – or a multigenerational cruise for four people should they wish to spend quality time on holiday with their grandchildren.
Christian Verhounig, CEO of Ambassador Cruise Line, says: “Grandparents are the anchors of the family and Ambassador Cruise Line wants to provide a platform for people to recognise how important they truly are. We have a lot of grandparents travelling with us and we’re proud to champion this amazing generation as our search for the nation’s greatest Grandma or Grandad continues. If you have a grandparent or a senior role model you want to thank for everything that they do for you, or if you know a grandparent who simply deserves the recognition, we encourage you to show your appreciation by nominating them for the title of Ambassador’s first-ever Grandparent of the Year”.
With an estimated 14 million grandparents in the UK*, Ambassador’s search for the UK’s Grandparent of the Year and efforts to raise awareness of National Grandparents’ Day has been launched after the operator conducted research aimed at exploring the relationships between the younger and older generation and to gauge how much of a role grandparents play in their grandchildren’s lives – from simple things such as helping out with childcare or getting the family together over Sunday lunch to offering financial support (the bank of Grandma and Grandad) incorporating tuition fees, rent deposits, helping their grandchildren to get on the housing ladder and more. Ambassador’s research findings will be released in the weeks to come.
To nominate Ambassador’s Grandparent of the Year, visit www.ambassadorcruiseline.com/national-grandparents-day and tell us why your grandparent or someone you know deserves to win not only this prestigious title but also a fantastic cruise holiday. Entries close at 23:59 on Tuesday 26 September 2023.
Notes to Editors:
For further press information, please contact:
Braden Cantalope | Sarah Geppert | Charlotte Wright | Emma Arthurs
T: +44 (0)203 440 8930
E: [email protected]
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The prize provider is Ambassador Cruise Line, Gateway House, Stonehouse Ln, Purfleet RM19 1NS
- The competition prize is 1 x adults-only cruise holiday for two people (sharing a cabin) for up to 7 nights or 2 x multigenerational sailing for four people (sharing two cabins) for up to 7 nights in 2023/2024 with Ambassador Cruise Line including ocean view cabin accommodation and full board.
- The prize excludes: travel insurance; travel joining costs to the cruise terminal/port; port parking; onboard expenditure of a personal nature i.e. drinks, gifts, shopping, laundry, communications etc; any visa & health certificate charges that may apply; and crew gratuities, which will be automatically billed to your onboard account at £6pp per night unless you opt for a drinks package.
- The prize is as described, is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- All nominations/entries must be received by the closing date of 26 September 2023.
- The entry criteria will be to complete the nomination form in full and abide by the T&Cs; the winner selection will be made by an appointed group of judges and will be based on the written entries. The judges’ decision is final.
- Ambassador Cruise Line reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value should circumstances become necessary.
- The winner must hold a valid passport and comprehensive travel insurance with COVID-19 cover. It is the winner’s responsibility to check any visa and health requirements for the cruise.
- The winner may be required to take part in publicity resulting from the prize draw.
- Ambassador has permission to use the winner’s name, image, and details from the entry in social media, media materials, and marketing materials (which may be shared publicly) in relation to the competition.
- Entry into the competition assumes acceptance of the rules.
- The prize winner must respond to Ambassador within 48 hours of contact.
- Ambassador Cruise Line and its PR agency Rooster PR will book the holiday prize within 28 days of the winner accepting the prize.
- Prize is subject to availability and blackout dates may apply.
About Ambassador Cruise Line:
Ambassador Cruise Line launched in 2021, offering premium-value no-fly cruises to the UK market. Based in Purfleet, Essex, Ambassador provides authentic adult-only experiences combined with a selection of multi-generational itineraries to multiple destinations including the Nordics, Greenland, Iceland, Canada, the Mediterranean, Caribbean and Africa. The cruise line’s first ship, Ambience, entered the fleet in May 2022, operating from her home port of London Tilbury. From the 2023/24 season, guests sail onboard Ambience as well as Ambassador’s second ship, Ambition, which sailed her maiden voyage in May 2023 and heralds the launch of sailings from eight regional UK ports: London Tilbury, Newcastle, Dundee, Edinburgh Leith, Liverpool, Belfast, Bristol, and Falmouth. The company’s no-fly holiday options offer guests from across the country the chance to drive to a port, park their car and board ships with a minimum of hassle, thereby avoiding airport queues, potential flight cancellations or exchange rate fluctuations, given that the currency onboard the Ambassador fleet is in pound sterling
Ambassador’s extremely experienced management team is led by Chief Executive Officer, Christian Verhounig, and its principal shareholder is Njord Partners LLP, London. Ambassador is a member of ABTA, the UK’s leading travel trade association widely acknowledged as the mark of trust and reassurance associated with travel brands. Consumer funds are protected by means of a financial failure insurance policy managed by TMU Management Limited and underwritten by Accelerant Insurance Europe SA, who are regulated by the Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA 3193). The scheme is fully compliant with the Package Travel and Linked Arrangements Regulations 2018. For more information, visit www.ambassadorcruiseline.com