Doors Open to First Phase of New Canal-Side Rental Homes at Sugar House Island, East London
- Botanical Mews, the first collection of homes available to rent at Sugar House Island, consists of 128 apartments and 12 mews houses
- The riverside homes boast quiet outdoor space, canal and courtyard views, yet conveniently close to central London
- The majority of homes are 3 bedroom or larger, providing space for families and home offices
- Sugar House Island is a mixed-use development with a healthy balance of homes and workspaces that support an abundance of amenities, including a new primary school operated by the outstanding-rated Big Education Trust (School 21), ready for the 2021/2022 academic year
Vastint UK is today launching Botanical Mews, the first phase of residential units available to rent at its award-winning east London development, Sugar House Island.
Set against the backdrop of the Three Mills Wall River, south of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Botanical Mews hosts a healthy mix of homes from studios to four-bedroom mews houses, with large balconies and terraces, at the heart of a new close-knit community established by the creative quarter of Dane’s Yard.
New residents will enjoy views of the surrounding waterways as well as communal parks and yards with semi-private gardens. The homes are well connected with eight train stations within walking distance, five bus routes and two dedicated cycle routes linking Sugar House Island to the city. Botanical Mews residents will be able to reach Canary Wharf in 15 minutes, Liverpool Street in 20 minutes and City Airport within 24 minutes.
Bounded by water, Sugar House Island is a thoughtfully designed new corner of the capital, with a distinctive sense of place, delivered by long term investor, Vastint UK. A place to call home, the distinctive, urban environment is made up of diverse architecture and rich character, with almost a thousand years’ history. Sugar House Island will be home to independent retailers, bars, coffee shops, dry cleaners, local grocers and a gym, with plans for a local dance and music collective. The resident Print House Bar & Kitchen is open to the public serving fresh baked sourdough pizzas.
Andrew Cobden, Managing Director at Vastint UK, said, “Botanical Mews gives residents a new sense of space which isn’t often experienced when living in London. As we see more people wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of central London, looking for greenery, access to the outdoors, yet with shorter commutes, Botanical Mews offers the ideal balance.
“Sugar House Island is carefully curated to benefit households of different ages and sizes and to create an integrated and animated local neighbourhood. With construction underway on the new primary school, to be operated by Big Education Trust, there are many perks for people looking to start or relocate a family in east London.”
Top qualities of Botanical Mews
- Location; Sugar House Island is just a short walk from the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the forthcoming UCL campus, and benefits from its own on-island community hub, complete with shops, restaurants, offices, amenities and a school
- Internal space; over half of the units (73no or 52%) have 3 or more bedrooms and are generously proportioned with internal floor-to-ceiling heights set at a minimum of 2.7m
- Family appeal; a new primary school, operated by the Big Education Trust (School 21), will be ready for its first pupils in September 2021. The school will be an integral part of the community as its facilities will be available for use on a regular basis
- Fully furnished; homes come furnished or unfurnished, depending on residents’ preference, and most will have private outdoor space along with, and access to, shared courtyards or roof terraces
- Waterside living; homes are set along the river’s edge on both east and west sides of the island. Some boast views over the canal, whilst others on the west side, will overlook landscaped courtyards.
- Resident benefits; those living at Botanical Mews will have access to a concierge service, a parcel room, and a dedicated app which will allow them to easily book handyman repairs, local services and deliveries, and fitness classes.
- Underground parking and generous secure storage; making streets safer and providing more space for children to play.
Botanical Mews is the first of 1,200 homes that Vastint UK will deliver at Sugar House Island, as well as 624,000sq ft of office space, shops and amenities. Studio, 1, 2, 3 bed apartments and 4 bed mews houses are now available to rent from £1,500pcm.
For further information on Sugar House Island, visit https://www.sugarhouseisland.com/.
Note to editors
- Andrew Cobden, Managing Director of Vastint UK, is available for further interview.
- High-res images are available on request.
For further press information, please contact:
Yasmine Triana | Natalie Garland | Baillie Horwood
Rooster. We are pr.®
T: +44 (0)20 3440 8930
E: [email protected]
About Vastint UK:
Vastint UK is a real estate organisation that creates large-scale, mixed-use neighbourhoods balancing working, living and leisure spaces.
All developments are designed to complement and add long-term value to local communities.
Established in 2010, Vastint UK has schemes in London (Sugar House Island), Leeds (Aire Park and Cardiff (along the Embankment).
Vastint UK is part of the international real estate organisation, Vastint, which has more than 30 years of experience developing and managing properties and commercial real estate. Vastint is active in various countries across Europe, such as Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Spain and the United Kingdom.
For more information, visit www.vastint.eu/uk/.