Rooster at WTM 2016
Early November means only one thing for those in the travel industry: World Travel Market. The annual event, hosted at London’s ExCel in The Docklands, gives journalists, PRs, the travel trade and exhibitors the opportunity to come together under one roof to network, do business and discuss all things travel-related.
This year, Rooster activated PR programmes in and around the show for over 10 clients including Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts, DFDS, Garuda Indonesia, RentalsCombined, The Spanish Tourist Office, Tianjin Airlines, Visit St Petersburg/Clearwater, Women in Travel and WOW air.
In total, Rooster…
- Hosted over 50 one-to-one consumer and trade media briefings
- Secured 6 broadcast interviews with the CEO of WOW air and senior management from Garuda Indonesia and Tianjin Airlines
- Hosted a breakfast briefing on behalf of Tianjin Airlines to announce new routes between the UK and China
- Supported Women in Travel’s inspirational panel and speaker sessions. Rooster’s MD James was also a mentor during two dedicated sessions to help female travel professionals develop their leadership skills
- Attended 10 events ranging from Visit Florida’s “A Night in the Museum” at the V&A and a reception at the Spanish Embassy hosted by The Spanish Tourist Office, to blogger speed dating, media drinks at The Fox (always a WTM favourite!) and TTG’s annual closing party
The senior team also attended 12 new business meetings with prospective clients looking for cutting edge PR and social media support in the UK & Ireland – watch this space!
A personal highlight for me was event sponsor Incredible India’s stand which brought back nostalgic memories of spending two weeks in rural Bangalore back in 2012. It was also heart-warming to see a buzz around the French stand, given the impact on tourism following recent terrorist attacks.
Here’s to WTM 2017!