We’re Hiring: Social Media Executive (no.1)
Social Media Executive, Full Time. Permanent.
We’re looking for a Social Media Executive who has a flair for writing, is all over the latest trends and has a knack for social listening, to join our rapidly growing social division on a diverse portfolio of accounts across B2C and B2B clients. While you will be filling a crucial role in our social media department, Rooster encourages life-long learning. We take a hands-on approach to upskilling our team members – giving them the opportunity to grow into their dream role.
Award-winning. Results driven. Experts in comms.
Rooster is one of the UK’s fastest growing independent PR agencies in central London servicing clients across B2B and B2C sectors. We pride ourselves on getting sh*t done and challenging the status quo. Our kaleidoscope of skills enables us to create outstanding campaigns that amplify brand messages. Founded in 1999 by Henry Hemming, we’ve spent twenty years mastering our craft and delivering exceptional results. Managing Director James Brooke heads up the team of 30 genuine, straight-talking and creative communications experts. All we’re missing now – is you.
You live for the latest trends and crave understanding social media user behaviour – whether that’s running your own account or experience managing accounts for other brands. You’re knowledgeable on what content makes people tick on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and TikTok. You love following the latest trends and are obsessed with understanding how they can be adopted. You’re known for being a ‘people person’ who’d would love nothing more than engaging new online accounts, managing communities and is passionate about understanding what people respond well to and what turns them off. You’ll execute our social media strategies and content plans with enthusiasm, adding the majority of your value in the copywriting and content creation arenas.
Ideally, you are:
- Avid trend analyst
- Strategic and innovative
- Creative storyteller and excellent copywriter
- Driven, passionate & proactive
- Social media savvy
- Team player
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Agile and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building and running an impressive social media profile/s (can be your own)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to react and adapt to the ever-changing social media landscape
- Confident in reporting on social media analytics and insights
- Knowledgeable on planning and scheduling content
- A strong understanding of Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Authorised to work in the UK
What you’ll be doing.
- Copywriting for social media captions
- Analysing social media landscape trends
- Monitoring and engaging with your client’s online audiences and industry peers
- Conducting ongoing competitor research and analysis
- Seeking new ways to build stronger connections with your client’s online audience
- Using insights to help refine social media strategies
- Contributing to creative content and campaign ideas with the wider team
- Scheduling content and monitoring performance
- Keyword and hashtag research
- Supporting team with monthly reports
- Attending training and webinars to expand your skillset
- Reacting to timely events and posting content live and in real time
What you’ll get from us.
As we’re an independent SME agency delivering award-winning results, every single person at Rooster is an essential asset, not only in contributing the necessary skills, creativity and work ethic, but in supporting and encouraging each other. We are committed to your development and will provide regular training and one-to-one mentorship to nurture you through your career at Rooster.
We celebrate the little wins and rally together in the more challenging times. Have a listen of our podcast ‘We are pr.®’ to get to know the team.
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free private gym membership at The Ministry
- Free health and wellbeing classes at The Ministry
- Private health cover
- 0% interest staff loan
- One month paid sabbatical after five years
- Bonus and commission schemes
- Two team socials: Christmas and summer (based on business performance)
Where you’ll be based.
You’ll be based at our office, The Ministry, an amazing creative workspace with a swanky bar, café, terrace, sound studio and events space. The Ministry hosts free social events every week with live DJ’s and Happy Hour from 4-6pm.
Tell us why you’re the person for this job. Send us a compelling cover letter to [email protected] with your CV attached.
We will then shortlist candidates for an initial chat. We are ready to hire immediately!