World’s First Full Brief Multi-Size Period Pants. Introducing The New WUKA Stretch™
Goodbye Sizing Dramas. Hello Perfect Fit Period Pants.
The UK’s no.1 reusable period wear brand, WUKA, launches yet another world-first: WUKA Stretch™.
Embodying its pioneering and taboo-breaking spirit, reusable period pant brand, WUKA, has stretched the limits of garment technology with its latest innovation: Stretch technology consists of engineered period pants that offer maximum coverage, mould comfortably to individual body contours and stretch to adapt to all body shapes and sizes. Made from super soft microfibre material, these lightweight yet absorbent full-brief period pants stretch up to four sizes to provide maximum comfort and security, and with no VPL, are ideal for wearing under tight fitting clothing this party season.
Following the award-winning WUKA Flex collection launch earlier this year, the new WUKA Stretch™ is available in two styles and colours – each with two multisize options. One pair of pants expands to up to four sizes – from XS to L and XL to 4XL. That’s eight sizes in just two products, catering to the majority of the British menstruating population – no more sizing dramas!
WUKA breaks boundaries yet again with this inclusive new offering in the reusable period category, providing a solution for not one, but three issues faced by those who menstruate…
Tackling sizing inequalities to help consumers make greener choices
Despite the huge growth of the online fashion sector in recent years, 27 percent of consumers still avoid buying clothes online for sizing reasons – something WUKA hears firsthand all too often.“9/10 people I speak to either aren’t sure of their measurements or choose the wrong size when left to self-select. We see this behaviour reflected in our online business with “wrong size” or “didn’t fit” often cited as the main reason for returns. We made it our mission with WUKA Stretch to provide a less frustrating experience and remove more barriers to help people make more eco choices in their lives,” says Ruby Raut, founder of WUKA.
Consumers shouldn’t pay a price for natural changes to their body
It’s a fact of life that our bodies fluctuate in size. Age, hormones, medication, fertility, stress, diet, and so much more, can cause bodies to change – sometimes as frequently as one day to the next. With one pair of WUKA Stretch™, guaranteed to fit body shapes up to four different sizes (XS-L and XL-4XL), potential period pant wearers no longer need to worry about buying new pants every time they gain or lose weight.
As a multisize product, Stretch eliminates both the cost and hassle for shoppers by guaranteeing a perfect fit first time, whilst also alleviating the disappointment and emotional toll often experienced when ordering ill-fitting garments.
With free returns fast becoming a thing of the past – brands such as Boohoo, Zara and Next are now charging customers to send items back – with its guaranteed fit, WUKA Stretch™ helps customers save pennies during these especially difficult times.
Multi-generational in its reach, this multi-size product is ideal for growing girls going through puberty, postpartum mothers with changing bodies, or those who experience bloating or fluctuating weight, offering a cost-effective solution to reusable period care that doesn’t compromise on comfort or security.
Returns shouldn’t cost the earth – tackling a serious waste crisis
The worrying rise of ‘bracketing’ in recent years sees customers purchase multiple sizes to try at home with the intention of returning items that don’t fit. The UK is the worst offender when it comes to wasteful buying practices. Online returns cost UK retailers around £20 billion annually, and sadly, it’s often cheaper for retailers to send returned items to landfill instead of reselling them. This contributes to the 2.25 million tonnes of waste that is generated globally through returns every year .
Guaranteed to fit, WUKA Stretch™ reduces the environmental impact of returns-related waste.
So how does WUKA Stretch™ work?
- The pants unique inner gusset is part suspended, part attached, which enables the gusset to stretch to fit four size ranges whilst also ensuring it doesn’t move out of place.
- The inner and outer fabric and gusset provide at least 8cm of stretch across areas where users seek the most comfort from pants – across the hips and waist.
- A cost-effective material composition together with current manufacturing processes has allowed the brand to launch at an accessible price.
Priced from £17.99, WUKA Stretch™ launches in two absorbencies (Medium and Heavy Flow), two styles (Midi Brief and High Waist), and offers a choice of two colours (Black and Light Nude).
To mark the launch, WUKA is offering 20% off individual Stretch products and 25% off Stretch multipacks until 9th November 2022. Customers will also receive a complimentary WUKA Mesh Laundry Bag with every purchase – exclusively at www.wuka.co.uk.
Key features of the WUKA Stretch™
- Innovative Stretch™ technology – one pair fits up to 4 sizes
- Made from premium-feel microfibre material.
- Perfect for all ages and stages of life – growing teens, postpartum mums and those who experience bloating during their cycle.
- Reusable alternative to single-use pads, tampons and pantyliners.
- Odour-proof, absorbent gusset that absorbs up to 4 tampons-worth of menstrual fluid.
- Wear for up to 12 hours – but you know your flow best, so change as required.
For more information visit wuka.co.uk
Notes to Editors:
- WUKA Co-Founder, Ruby Raut is available for interview
- For WUKA affiliate links please visit www.impact.com
- Please contact the WUKA team should you be interested in receiving product samples for review or for competition prizes
For further press information, please contact:
Anna Nyman | Elsa Findlay | Julie Aguilera Kemp
T: +44 (0)203 440 8930
E: [email protected]
Founded in 2017 by husband and wife team, Ruby Raut and Dave Slocombe, WUKA is the UK’s leading period wear brand and was the first in the UK to produce fully leak-proof reusable period underwear that completely replaces the need for pads and tampons. Just one pair of WUKA period pants can save 200 single-use plastic-riddled disposables from going to landfill or polluting our oceans.
WUKA stands for Wake Up, Kick Ass; because nothing should hold women back when on their period. The brand strives to empower the menstruating population, improve access to quality, sustainable period products, eliminate period poverty, and remove period shame and stigma.
Offering a range of award-winning undies to suit different menstrual flows, WUKA period pants hold from two to six tampons worth of period blood; the highest absorbency of any other period products. They are also available in the most extensive range of sizes on the market – from XXS, right up to 6XL.
WUKA also offers period leggings, period sports shorts, period swim bikini briefs, and a number of period accessories and gifts, including a wearable hot water bottle, wash bags, period wellness sets, and starter kits for tweens and teens.
All WUKA products are mindfully created, using the highest quality planet-friendly fabrics, to be both great for the body and good for the environment. From the Better Cotton Initiative, Organic Certified, to Vegan, PETA approved and certified Carbon Neutral+, WUKA underwear is all accredited and designed with the future in mind. Equality, inclusivity, and social & environmental responsibility are at the heart of everything WUKA does.
WUKA is available in Morrisons, Superdrug, Planet Organic, Urban Outfitters, and a range of independent zero waste and fashion retailers. You can also purchase WUKA products directly on the WUKA website.
Menstrual product realities.
- Disposable menstrual pads can contain up to 90 percent plastic.
- Tampons are also riddled with plastic, even the string contains plastic, whilst plastic applicators are made from polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP). Source: Friends of the Earth
- On average, one person will dispose of approx. 11,000 sanitary products in a lifetime. Source: MCSUK
- Approximately 700,000 pantyliners, 2.5 million tampons and 1.4 million sanitary towels are flushed down the toilet in the UK every single day and approx, 200,000 tonnes of tampons and pads go into landfill every year. Source: Journal of the Institution of Environmental Sciences
- Using just one pair of WUKA pants is equivalent to diverting 100 tampons from landfill
- To date, WUKA has saved over 3 million tampons and sanitary towels from going to landfill or into our oceans
- WUKA is the only period underwear in the world that uses sustainable and eco-friendly fabric ‘Lenzing micro-modal’, where the fabric fibres originate from the renewable raw material wood, created by photosynthesis
- WUKA provides better value in the long-term, costing just £5.85 per cycle compared to £10.93 for organic pads, or £7.81 for traditional tampons and pads. See our research here: https://wuka.co.uk/blogs/periods-a-z/cost-of-your-period
- A lifetime use of WUKA means only 129 biodegradable products to landfill
- A lifetime use of organic pads means 10,560 biodegradable products to landfill
- A lifetime use of tampons/pads means 13,440 plastic-based products to landfill